SUSTAINABLE WORKFORCE ONLINE EVENT SERIES
LGBTQ+ Digital Focus Day
Tuesday 14 June 2022
At Diversity Network's Diverse Live: LGBTQ+ Digital Focus Day, discover new tools and resources to support your LGBTQ+ employees, foster allies, and create an inclusive culture where everyone can bring their full selves to work.
There is still work to do to ensure that under-represented groups are fully included in the workplace, including LGBTQ+ employees. Research shows that LGBTQ+ individuals are more likely to experience career-related challenges than their non-LGBTQ+ peers, so organisations must take steps to mitigate this and ensure they are supported and have equal opportunities in their careers.
At this exclusive Diverse Live: LGBTQ+ Digital Focus Day:
Learn about how to implement an intersectional approach to inclusion
Discover how important Employee Resource Groups can be in providing a voice for LGBTQ+ employees
Gain key recommendations on reviewing the inclusivity of your policies, benefits and recruitment practices
Discover how you can foster a culture of allyship in your organisation
Find out about the best technologies and tools to assist you in these activities
Through insightful presentations, interviews and case studies, a live panel discussion and an interactive meetup session, discover lots of practical ideas and resources to help you create a safe, welcoming, inclusive culture that enables all employees to bring their full selves to work – therefore improving their wellbeing, engagement and productivity.
STRIPES Global (LGBTQIA ERG) Head of Programs & Events
Philip Morris International
ERG Founder, Business Anayst and D&I Activist
Third Bridge Group
Senior Diversity & Inclusion Adviser for UK, US & EMEA
Herbert Smith Freehills
Equality, Diversity & Inclusion Lead
Culture, Diversity & People Lead
Director of Programmes
LGBTQ+ Digital Focus Day 2022 | Agenda
Tuesday 14 June 2022
1pm – 2pm BST
How Organisations Can Create an Inclusive Environment that Enables Employees to Bring Their Full Selves to Work
- Why we need to listen to all members of the LGBTQ+ community – even if you identify as part of it – as everyone has different challenges and experiences
- What can employers do to educate the workforce on LGBTQ+ inclusive language?
- How can you track your progress when it comes to LGBTQ+ inclusion?
- How the role of the executive sponsor is crucial to the effectiveness of your employee resource groups
Katie Fox, Equality, Diversity & Inclusion Lead, Victim Support
2pm – 3pm BST
Setting Up And Running an Effective LGBTQ+ Employee Resource Group
- How award-winning athlete Nikki Symmons left athletics behind, joined PMi and set up STRIPES Global, Philip Morris International’s global LGBTQIA Employee Resource Group
Successes so far, and how the ERG has managed to get buy-in at board-level to support LGBTQIA members of staff
Top tips on how to make your ERG truly effective within your organisation, and the need to be as open and outward-facing as possible to ensure maximum visibility and ally support
Nikki Symmons, STRIPES Global (LGBTQIA ERG) Head of Programs & Events, Philip Morris International
3pm – 4pm BST
Becoming an Effective Ally for LGBTQ+ Colleagues
- How can you ensure you have support in place for all LGBTQ+ colleagues, including those who identify as bisexual+ (pansexuality, omnisexuality and more)?
How can effective allyship and greater LGBTQ+ visibility within a company improve understanding and support for marginalised individuals?
Reviewing your LGBTQ+ inclusion strategies, policies and procedures to ensure you are not unintentionally excluding certain groups
Gurchaten Sandhu, Director of Programmes, ILGA World
4pm – 5pm BST
Panel Discussion: Increasing Visibility of Senior LGBTQ+ Role Models in the Workplace
- Why it is so important to have openly LGBTQ+ leaders acting as role models to ensure a diverse future pipeline
- How can having visible role models impact upon LGBTQ+ employees’ wellbeing and career development, allowing them to bring their full selves to work?
- How can LGBTQ+ Employee Resource Groups (ERGs) and their executive sponsors support with this?
- Ways to promote allyship in your organisation
Sophia Papadapoulos, ERG Founder, Business Anayst and D&I Activist, Third Bridge Group
Beth Try, Senior Diversity & Inclusion Adviser for UK, US & EMEA, Herbert Smith Freehills
Phillip McQuillen, Culture, Diversity & People Lead, E.ON UK
Join us at this interactive online event
What you will gain:
Flexible access to content
Our online conference portal offers a personalised content experience. You can join in with the sessions at work and on the go, live and on demand.
Register here to watch the sessions on demand
Accessing the sessions is easy. Simply fill in the form below and we will send you all the links you need to access the sessions on demand.